Log_Reuse_wait_Desc 'AVAILABILITY_REPLICA'

• I have a very small DBs (3 GB) but I noticed that the size of the log file grew to be 60 GB. I was going to shrink the log file to be 1 Gb or 2 GB (I know its a bad practice but the log file for this DB doesn't grow this much) but couldn't.

So I took the full backup, log backup, couldn't shrink the file (from primary). There is no open transaction. Checked the sys.databases table and saw AVAILABILITY_REPLICA in a Log_Reuse_wait_Desc column. Checked the Log Send Queue and Redo Queue Size but nothing. So what am I not checking? How do I tackle this issue?

"He who learns for the sake of haughtiness, dies ignorant. He who learns only to talk, rather than to act, dies a hyprocite. He who learns for the mere sake of debating, dies irreligious. He who learns only to accumulate wealth, dies an atheist. And he who learns for the sake of action, dies a mystic."[/i]

• Sounds like an Availability Group synchronisation problem.  Expand the Always On High Availability container in Object Explorer and/or query the dm_hadr DMVs to investigate.

John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply