Log Shipping Report

• As far as I know the best way to check on the status of log shipping is to click on the primary server in object explorer in SSMS and run the Log Shipping Report.  For some reason I get the errror "user must be in the master db" when I try to run the report.  BOL states that the report just runs sp_help_log_shipping_monitor which all the logins I have tried using to run the report can successfully execute.

The server is sql server 2005 sp 1 enterprise edition, windows 2003 sp1, clustered, active/passive.  This is the only management report that errors.  Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Anyone know of another way to check on log shipping status other than this report and that sproc?

thanks.

• It working fine for me..

Try qualifying using fully qualified name...

exec master..sp_help_log_shipping_monitor

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

• The sproc itself runs fine it is the report that does not work.  Does the Log Shipping Status Report work for you?

• It works for me most of the time. When it doesn't work, it is because a db is failing one or more tasks. This only happens occasionally and usually it works fine by running the report on the secondary and the monitor servers.

The error I get is different though. I haven't gotten that error ..... yet.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply