Log shipping planned failover with mirroring configured.

• I have log shipping and mirroring configured, now I need to failover (planned) log shipping. is there best steps to follow and keep mirroring in sync?

scenario:

Log shipping between A and B servers

Mirroring between A and C servers

need to failover log shipping from A to B but keep mirroring going between A and C.

thank you

• When you say failover log shipping from A to B, what exactly do you mean?

Hard to answer your question with so little detail.

• Other way around, make B primary and A secondary. But to be noted that there is mirroring configured between A and C and A is principle.

• If I read it this right, you want to switch log shipping from A to B to B to A. You won't be able to do that without breaking the mirror between A and C. The only way to flip the log shipping that I am aware of is to recover B, backup B and restore to A. This will mean breaking the mirror between A and C. Then start log shipping from B to A. At this point the only place you can recreate the mirror is from B to C.

• Lynn Pettis, Thank you for your valuable inputes

• dinsab11 (9/6/2014)

I have log shipping and mirroring configured, now I need to failover (planned) log shipping. is there best steps to follow and keep mirroring in sync?

Yes there are steps to follow. You need to configure both databases in the mirror session as a log shipping primary. It's all detailed here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply