Log Shipping - multiple time intervals

• On SQL Server 2017 I've set up log shipping. My question is, since it seems like it is not possible, is it possible to set up log shipping with 2 different time intervals for backing up and restoring tlogs e.g. every 30 min from 7 AM to 3 PM and after 3 PM backup and restore the tlogs every hour or every 2 hours?

I've created another job from an existing LS job (for all 3 of the jobs - backup, copy and restore) and changed the schedules according to my first sentence. But when I e.g. change the schedule in the second job for tlog backup, the schedule in the first tlog backup gets changed too.

• Are you amending the schedule, which is associated with more than one job? If so, then any job that uses that schedule will be affected.

Or are you creating a new schedule, just for the new job?

• First I changed the schedules in existing 3 jobs to be active between working hours then I I re-scripted the jobs and in the newly scripted jobs changed the schedules to cover all the rest hours. Somehow when I changed the schedules in newly scripted jobs, schedules in first 3 jobs also got changed.

Maybe I didn't create new schedules, you're right, sounds like I changed the setitngs for existing ones, let me check.

• Yes that was it, I'm always so careless. Thank you for your question that gave me an answer. I've implemented more schedules into each of those 3 LS jobs, I'll see how it behaves over next few days.

• No problem, I'm pleased it was so simple.

If we start comparing stupid mistakes, I might have quite a head start on you.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply