Log Shipping Jobs on Secondary not getting created

• Al-Rahim (7/15/2013)

The error refers to an account entitlement error... so give properly permissions to secondary agent server account. You should have same account in both primary and secondary servers. Also see permissions at windows level (the secondary agent server account should have read permission for destination backup folder)

As I recall, I did all of that and it was still unsuccessful. Note that this was over a year ago and Log Shipping was only going to be temporary solution at that time. The secondary server does not exist anymore and we have moved on to another DR solution, so there is no way to retry nor is there any need to retry using that exact scenario.

Thanks for your concern.

Del Lee

• Hi,

I gave same user name and password(administrator) to both sql server agent accounts as well as sql services on both the servers.Complete read and write permissions were give to all the necessary folders.But still the same issue.

Regards

• HI amitsdba... those servers live in same domain? Try this: create a group domain level, and give it permission in both servers, create a couple of account on it(one for each server o use the same it's up to you) ... that should resolve any permissions issue. If not, please post error log message.

• Hi Al-Rahim/Del Lee,

I reinstalled sql server 2005 on both primary server and standby server on virtual machine and issue got resolved and log shipping started working fine.I think issue was with changing the server name after sql server installation .

Thanks for Al-Rahim & Del Lee for your time.

• Yes, the problem was change the servername.

when select @@servername returns null, the jobs are not created.

I had the same issue and after i have corrected the servername the jobs were created.

@@Servername of null can happen if there is no entry in sys.servers for server_id 0. check sys.servers with this:

select * from sys.servers

steps to correct:

sp_dropserver '<servername>' -- if exist a one with the correct servername but id different from 0

sp_addserver '<servername', local

restart service:

source: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/f5405442-2ab9-4e9f-8688-2e8ce5dae853/servername-returning-null?forum=sqldatabaseengine

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply