Log shipping failures

• Looking at my log shipping monitor, copy/restore history I'm seeing the following error:

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 4306: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The preceding restore operation did not specify WITH NORECOVERY or WITH STANDBY. Restart the restore sequence, specifying WITH NORECOVERY or WITH STANDBY for all but the final step. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally.

I've checked my log shipping plan and verified secondary load state has standby mode selected along and terminate users is checked. what am I missing here?

• Has log shipping been establish and running or is this a new setup for you?

John Zacharkan

John Zacharkan

• I'm trying to establish log shipping between networked servers running Server 2000 (NT 5.0). Need warm-standby, read-only access on secondary server for reporting. Got LS to work with norecovery mode but not with standby mode.

• Please post your restore statement

John Zacharkan

John Zacharkan

• Just threw them all out and started over again. Built new LS plan, will see if it works now.

• That always works.

Just a note, your frequency setting for restoring the logs has to work around the time that your reports are running. Remember that in order to restore a transaction log file you must have an exclusive database lock.

good luck

John Zacharkan

John Zacharkan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply