Log shipping error.

• Hello There,

I am configuring log shipping on SQL 2008, I have configured it successfully but its not working. I checked the history of LSBakup job and found below error: I do have full rights (administrator rights). Any suggestion will be appreciable.

03/23/2012 22:40:00,LSBackup_Test2,Error,0,BOM-TEST,LSBackup_Test2,(Job outcome),,The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 12 (LSBackupSchedule_BOM-TEST1). The last step to run was step 1 (Log shipping backup log job step.).,00:00:21,0,0,,,,0

03/23/2012 22:40:00,LSBackup_Test2,Error,1,BOM-TEST,LSBackup_Test2,Log shipping backup log job step.,,Executed as user: BOM-TEST\Jitu. The step failed.,00:00:21,0,0,,,,0

03/23/2012 22:40:00,LSBackup_Test2,In Progress,1,BOM-TEST,LSBackup_Test2,Log shipping backup log job step.,,2012-03-23 22:40:21.62*** Error: Could not retrieve backup settings for primary ID 'ff4e0e37-0cc3-4d8f-a5d9-f87f646332bc'.(Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.LogShipping) ***<nl/>2012-03-23 22:40:21.62*** Error: Failed to connect to server BOM1-7HD1H1S.(Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo) ***<nl/>2012-03-23 22:40:21.62*** Error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider<c/> error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(.Net SqlClient Data Provider) ***<nl/>2012-03-23 22:40:21.64----- END OF TRANSACTION LOG BACKUP -----<nl/><nl/>Exit Status: 1 (Error),00:00:21,0,0,,,,0

• Error: Failed to connect to server BOM1-7HD1H1S.(Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo) ***<nl/>2012-03-23 22:40:21.62 *** Error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider<c/> error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

is the server name correct?

can it accept remote connections?

have you configured the server to accept Named Piped connections?

all security settings for logins etc correct?

• Hi Anthony,

Thanks a lot for your reply !

I think there is issue related to server name. The Primary server name is BOM-TEST, but dont know in the logs it shows "BOM1-7HD1H1S" ! I dont know from where BOM1-7HD1H1S is coming from.

Otherwise all the logins are working fine, connections are ok, and named pipes are enabled too.

So the only the server name should be the issue. But i am not able to find out from where "BOM1-7HD1H1S" is coming from.

• if the primary instance is BOM-TEST, so I am guessing the the other name is the secondary node where you are shipping the logs to

• The secondary host name is "SQLTEST".

• logshipping monitor node? other than that i would put it down to a rename of SQL and the rename hasnt taken effect properly

• I have not configured any monitoring node. But i can see at SQL Server AGent-->Jobs-->LSAlert_BOM1-7HD1H1S as one of the logshipping job. So might be its an issue of renaming.

I am learning log shipping as our firm has log shipping in live production area. So I am performing this log shipping on Test machines.

Let me again rename the host name and try one more time.

Thanks a lot Anthony ! will be back if need further assistance.

• Hi Anthony,

Yes, its working now... I Re-insall SQL instance, and have configured Log shipping again. And now its working.. fine. The issue was Servername. I dont know why it was taking old server name, bcos after changing server name i restarted server, so it should be effective.

Anyhow learnt new lesson.. Thnx a lot Anthony and thanks a lot SQLSERVERCENTRAL !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply