Log Shipping and Replication

• Hi,

I am using sql2k enterprise edition log shipping. One of the databases I am backing up is also being used for replication.

Does anyone know if this can cause issues with log shipping?

log shipping is always going out of sync and My only solution then is to do a fullbackup and restart the ls.

• I've worked with such a scanario before... a large log-shipped database that was also the publisher for transactional replication. We had no problems.

Can you get more details as to why LS is going out of sync? Backup happening on time? Copy happening on time (and actually copying > 0 files)? Restore being attempted on time?

Cheers,

- Mark

Cheers,
    - Mark

• Backup is happening on time. Copying is happening on time and restore being attempted on time. The copy on several occasions is 0. But then after that it will show copy of 2 files then a restore of 2 files.

I've noticed that the updated time in the log shipping pair properties for last backup file is current. However for last file copied and last file loaded. They have stayed at 2003-08-13 14:50.

But there are files being shipped to the other server and they are being restored succesfully?

Edited by - growl on 08/13/2003 12:46:39 AM

Edited by - growl on 08/13/2003 02:01:40 AM

• Is any report produced by the restore attempt?

If not, can you try a manual restore from QA and see what errors you get?

Cheers,

- Mark

Cheers,
    - Mark

• Ok I restarted the log shipping last night and all has been working great.

Now what I should have mentioned is that Iwas using one standby server and two primary’s. For the moment I am only using one primary to the secondary. The secondary is the monitor. This is working without any problems.

Do you know of any issues with this type of scenario? (two primary – one standby)

• Never tried that scenario. Although i have tried 2 servers each acting as standby for each other, so sort of 2 primaries and 2 standbys. No problems encountered though.

Cheers,

- Mark

Cheers,
    - Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply