Log File Viewer : 'System.OutOfMemoryException'

• I have made a maintenance plan to backup my databases a couple of months ago. Now when I am in Management Studio and I right-click on my maintenance plan and select "View History", the "Log File Viewer" opens and tries to load my log files for this maintenance plan but everytime it fails with the following error: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

I have SQL Server 2005 - Standard SP2 (64-bit). In "Log File Viewer", I can browse and view logs for any other type of log file other than this specific maintenance plan.

1) Any idea to solve my problem ?

2) Is there another way to browse my log files (File system, procedure, T-SQL, ... ) ? Are they stored on the disk with the extension .log because I don't find them ?

• Can you view the history for the job in the Maintenance Plan? Right click on the job (under SQL Server Agent/Jobs) and View History?

Also check the "Limit size of job history log paramerter" (Right click on SQL Server Agent -> Properties -> History)

Shinoj

• It loads the logs from MSDB. You need to make sure that you are able to access msdb database without any issues. Try to run a few queries on MSDB databases on tables like dbo.sysmaintplan_log and dbo.sysmaintplan_logdetails etc.

Swarndeep

http://talksql.blogspot.com

• Thanks for your answers. I have solved my problem.

I executed [msdb].[dbo].[sp_maintplan_delete_log] to cleanup old log files. Then I shrink the database and it worked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply