log backups not clearing transaction log - no open transactions found

• Ninja's_RGR'us (1/3/2012)

When's the revised version coming out?

Of the tran log article? Today.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (1/3/2012)

Ninja's_RGR'us (1/3/2012)

When's the revised version coming out?

Of the tran log article? Today.

Ok I'll say it. <points to self> RTFM :w00t:.

Thanks for the aknolegment of picking 1 small typo :-D.

• I liked the article (not to brown-nose) and will look forward to the updated version!

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• MyDoggieJessie (1/3/2012)

I liked the article (not to brown-nose) and will look forward to the updated version!

You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHyeMaHm2s

• LMAO - that was awesome!

And Err, no, definitely not that 😉

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• PS

Any ressemblance with any member of this forum is pure coincidence! Unless fully intended!

:-P:hehe:

I liked the article (not to brown-nose) and will look forward to the updated version!

Err, that (headline article today) is the updated version. Unless you're volunteering to rewrite it again?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (1/3/2012)

MyDoggieJessie (1/3/2012)

Err, that (headline article today) is the updated version. Unless you're volunteering to rewrite it again?

Heck No - I highly doubt I could improve upon anything...regarding DBA work, I'm just trying to keep my head out of the water in the kid's end of the pool! :hehe:

GilaMonster (1/3/2012)

MyDoggieJessie (1/3/2012)

Heck No - I highly doubt I could improve upon anything...regarding DBA work, I'm just trying to keep my head out of the water in the kid's end of the pool! :hehe:

Believe it or not that's pretty much how I felt proof-reading that article.

At least I was able to capture all of ONE typo. :hehe:

• GilaMonster (1/3/2012)

Ninja's_RGR'us (1/3/2012)

GilaMonster (1/3/2012)

hkamal.infoedge (1/3/2012)

Switch the full recovery mode to simple recovery mode and then switch back to full mode and take the full back up.

No, no, no, no, no!

And on a day where the headline article was 'Managing Transaction Logs.'

Well duh! What else did you expect :-D.

I'm rapidly reaching the point of 'why the hell do I bother'

Gail, I think you bother because you help people like me 🙂

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic983007-1291-1.aspx"> http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic983007-1291-1.aspx

I won't forget it.

Steve

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply