Local Currency Symbol Not Working

• Hi Guys,

I ran into an issue with regards to Currency Symbol in SSRS. I'm currently developing a report thats being called in application that needs a Currency symbol. Since this report will be used in different locations the Currency Symbol needs to be dynamic. For sample if it is viewed in UK it needs to show Pound and if its in the US needs to show the dollar sign. The locale settings is setup within the app.

I already done a few reports that has the same capability and it works perfectly fine. Here are the things I am doing to achieve that:

1. Set the Language to en-US in the Report Properties.

2. Set the textbox properties format to "c".

But for an unknown reason the report thqt im developing right now is not working. I've tried to change the locale in our app to english(UK) and French but the currency symbol remains in USD.

Can you suggest anything to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Make a lookup table which allocates every location mentioned in the system to a correlated currency symbol.

Locales might not be sufficient for this purpose.

• Yep, what Sergiy said is relevant because just knowing that a given computer is located in France doesn't guarantee that the locale settings are set for French, nor does it guarantee that the user would necessarily want to see the report in Francs.   Especially in Europe, you might need to provide for the Euro, and perhaps some kind of currency selector within the report.   This will inherently complicate matters, and you'd then need to be able to easily convert from any given currency to any other that you need to support, as well as have a method for keeping currency conversion values up to date rather frequently.   It could be pretty darned messy...

EDIT:  Now that I think about it, how could you possibly display the exact same value and simply let a locale decide what currency symbol to use?  Currencies of different countries or regions almost always have frequently varying exchange rates.   You can't just assume that $1,000 = 1,000 euros...

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  sgmunson. Reason: One more thought

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply