Loading Excel file through Sql Agent Job

• Hello,
    I'm trying to load excel file into Sql server database using SSIS package. It runs fine, but when I create job using the same SSIS package it fails.

Here are few details:
    Excel extension: .xlsx
    SQL Server DB Version : 2014
    SSDT Version : 2013

I've tried doing the 64 bit changing to 32 bit and tried to run job changing execution options.
    Eventhough it fails...

• What is the error message you are receiving, and how are you trying to run the SSIS package (via SSISDB, msdb, or file system).

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• 99% of problems like this are related to permissions issues, so that is the first area I would check.
    The next 0.5% of problems like this are caused by using drive letters rather than UNC paths, so that is the second thing to check.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thom A - Friday, April 28, 2017 7:32 AM

What is the error message you are receiving, and how are you trying to run the SSIS package (via SSISDB, msdb, or file system).

I'm using file system deployment mode. 
    To be more clear
    I'm saving the SSDT(package deployment model) with Run64BitRuntime to false and saving the solution.
    But when I re-open the Package/solution it somehow still shows True..

• wweraw25 - Friday, April 28, 2017 8:10 AM

To be more clear
    I'm saving the SSDT(package deployment model) with Run64BitRuntime to false and saving the solution.

Like phil, my hunch would be that it's a permissions issue. Does the SQL Agent account have access to the file, and the directory it's stored? (error message would still be nice 🙂 )

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• wweraw25 - Friday, April 28, 2017 8:10 AM

To be more clear

Have you set the '32-bit runtime' checkbox on the Job properties? I vaguely recall having to do that on occasion.

• BrainDonor - Friday, April 28, 2017 9:16 AM

wweraw25 - Friday, April 28, 2017 8:10 AM

To be more clear

Have you set the '32-bit runtime' checkbox on the Job properties? I vaguely recall having to do that on occasion.

• . Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 12.0.4100.1 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.  Started: 9:41:09 AM Error: 2017-05-15 09:41:10.70  Code: 0xC0209302  Source: Test_Excel Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager"  Description: The requested OLE DB provider Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 is not registered. If the 32-bit driver is not installed, run the package in 64-bit mode. Error code: 0x00000000. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" Hresult: 0x80040154 Description: "Class not registered". End Error Error: 2017-05-15 09:41:10.70  Code: 0xC001002B  Source: Test_Excel Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager"  Description: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=219816 End Error Error: 2017-05-15 09:41:10.70  Code: 0xC020801C  Source: Data Flow Task Excel Source [2]  Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code 0xC0209302. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed. End Error Error: 2017-05-15 09:41:10.70  Code: 0xC0047017  Source: Data Flow Task SSIS.Pipeline  Description: Excel Source failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C. End Error Error: 2017-05-15 09:41:10.70  Code: 0xC004700C  Source: Data Flow Task SSIS.Pipeline  Description: One or more component failed validation. End Error Error: 2017-05-15 09:41:10.70  Code: 0xC0024107  Source: Data Flow Task  Description: There were errors during task validation. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 9:41:09 AM Finished: 9:41:10 AM Elapsed: 1.219 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

• error is quite clear - did you install the ACE driver on the server where you are running the package? and if it is a server why not install and run in 64 bit mode?

The error message even has a link with all required informationn

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply