,STATE VARCHAR(50)

,COMPANY VARCHAR(50))

--Server 1

CREATE TABLE TableC (GROUP_ID INT

,NAME VARCHAR(10)

,STATE VARCHAR(50)

,COMPANY VARCHAR(50))

Sample data

INSERT INTO TableA (1, 'READY'),(2,'NOT READY'),(3,'READY'),(4,'NOT READY')

INSERT INTO TableB (1, Mike, 'NY', 'aaa'), (1, Rick, 'OK','bbb'), (2, Smith, 'TX','ccc'), (3, Nancy, 'MN','bbb'), (4, Roger, 'CA','aaa')

I am trying to build a SSDT(SSIS 2012) package to load the data in TableC from TableB for only those GROUP_ID which has STATUS= 'READY' in TableA.

I need to accomplish this by using a project level parameter or variable for TableA->GROUP_ID and STATUS because i will be doing this for about 60 tables and those values might change.

I must build a SSIS package, it is a requirement.

using linked server is not preferred. unless its impossible to achieve through SSIS.

Any help would be appreciated.

• INSERT INTO tablec SELECT B.* FROM TABLEA A JOIN TABLEB B ON A.GroupID = B.GroupID AND A.Status = 'READY'

This is the TSQL, the SSIS approach can either use the TSQL directly, or you could use a lookup.

Steve.

• thank you for the response steve, but i won't be able to do join since the tables are in different servers. sorry should ve mentioned it. i have edited my post. and it must be done in SSIS.

• Linked servers could do it.

But for pure SSIS use a lookup on TableA, effectively let's you join.

Steve.

• Steve, i was just editing my post. Linked server are too slow for this task as we are dealing with a huge table in Oracle side. and yes i was researching on lookup component can you please give me further more advice on how i can achieve this by using Lookup!. thanks

• 🙂 like to add any more restrictions?? How big is 'huge'?

As I've said a couple of times, go with a lookup.

Steve.

• There is a sample plus some videos etc (prob more on youtube) at the bottom of that page that shows how to use the lookup.

Steve.

• 'Lookup' didn't work as I couldn't figure out how to use parameters in 'lookup'. but I was able to get the result by using 'Merge Join' and 'Conditional Split' 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply