Little colored triangles on 2008 SSIS tool items - what do they mean?

• Sorry if this is a basic question but I can not even create a search string that gets me close to an answer so I am coming here.

What I am talking about is the little "pink" or "blue" triangles of color that appear on the tool items or connection manager items. Can someone direct me to a page that explains what the colors mean?

Thanks.

<><
    Livin' down on the cube farm. Left, left, then a right.

• Tobar (7/25/2012)

Sorry if this is a basic question but I can not even create a search string that gets me close to an answer so I am coming here.

What I am talking about is the little "pink" or "blue" triangles of color that appear on the tool items or connection manager items. Can someone direct me to a page that explains what the colors mean?

Thanks.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Can you give a mapping as to where you see this; i.e. Tools->Options...->

Get me?

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• Trying to insert pictures but afraid it will fail.

It is not under any menu item it is right in the "control flow" and "connection Managers" windows of SSMS

Any ideas how to insert locally stored jpg?

<><

• What version of SSMS are you on? I don't have either of those windows...

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• Pardon me. Visual Studio not Management Studio.

Sorry for the confusion.

<><

• So, you are talking about the arrows that show the direction of the connection?

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• Not sure why you can't attach the file. either use the IFCode shorcut for img or just click on the "edit attachments" button on the lower right of your reply.

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• Hang on. Sorry for the "Wild Goose Chase". They are being put on by the "Bids Helper" add-on.

An expression is indicated with a magenta triangle, a package configuration is indicated with an aqua triangle, and if both an expression and a package configuration are in effect on the same object, a multi-color triangle is used as the indicator

Thanks for the help.

<><

• SQLKnowItAll (7/25/2012)

Not sure why you can't attach the file. either use the IFCode shorcut for img or just click on the "edit attachments" button on the lower right of your reply.

Not sure what the IFCode shortcut is and when I tried to "insert an image" it asks for a URL. It is a local file and I tried FILE://, but that did not work.

or, of course, there was user error:w00t:

<><

• It's a add on tool for SSIS. BIDSHelper. It highlights pink if that particular connection manager or variable has an expression.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply