Linked Servers

• I have two servers A and B. Each of them are in different data centers and different domains.I am trying to create a linked server between them it does not allow me to.I have enabled all required features in the

facets and sp_configure advanced options.

Can any one help me in doing this...?

• unless you have a trust set up between the two domains, you'll have to set up the linked server using a SQL login. you would not be able to pass your own credentials over.

you said "it won't let you"

could you be more specific about what the issue is?

are you scripting it or using the GUI?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I am using the GUI. Can you please be clear on the trust between the domains.

• i'm not a network expert, but if you have two different domains, the login mydomain\Lowell has no priviledges, and vice versa: the login yourdomain\AK1516 has no rights to anything on mydomain.

a trust between domains has to be created so that my credentials are valid on yourdomain.

since that does not exist, you'd either get with the network guys to establish the trust, or simply use a mapping to a SQL login instead:setting the linked server like the image below, anyone who tries to use the linked server would end up using a specific set of credentials that exist on the remote/linked server.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply