Linked Server error

• Hi ,

SQL job is failing with following error.Linked server (MyLinkedServer) is configured using 'Be made using the login's current security context'. Job runs fine most of the time but once in a while it fails with below error.Soon after the failure if I rerun the job it runs without any error. I am stuggling to understand the root caue. I don't see any errors in SQL or Windows logs...please help me resolve this.

Executed as user: . Error (7421) has occured while executing the query1 method. Reason: Cannot fetch the rowset from OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI10" for linked server "MyLinkedServer". . [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 50000) OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI10" for linked server "MyLinkedServer" returned message "Query timeout expired". [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7412). The step failed.

• As an immediate workaround you could increase the timeout .

But investigate the underlying reason why the tomeout occurs - for example are there resource issues which causes the query to take a longer time than expected ?

Have you checked the source and target server event viewer and sql server error log files?

• Thanks.

Checked SQL error and evenlogs can't find any erros

I have set the below on both source and destination server .Hope it works

sp_configure 'remote query timeout', 0

go

reconfigure with override

go

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply