Limitations of MongoDb

• venoym (3/11/2015)

I think this describes some of the disconnect between the only NoSQL camp and the only SQL camp.

**beware some language**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu1UQblRQdM

Wow, that's so geeky. But it is funny and true. :hehe:

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Eric M Russell (3/11/2015)

venoym (3/11/2015)

I think this describes some of the disconnect between the only NoSQL camp and the only SQL camp.

**beware some language**

Awesome!

The more you are prepared, the less you need it.

• Andrew..Peterson (3/11/2015)

Eric M Russell (3/11/2015)

venoym (3/11/2015)

**beware some language**

Awesome!

I'm off to the farm!!! 😀

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Eric M Russell (3/11/2015)

venoym (3/11/2015)

**beware some language**

I just died.

• Thank you all for the many comments. My intent was to initiate a conversation on the subject and I am gratified that the conversation occurred as I expected.

• xsevensinzx (3/11/2015)

Eric M Russell (3/11/2015)

venoym (3/11/2015)

**beware some language**

I just died.

Me too. Made me think up a new catch phrase.

May your last buzzword be when they strap you in and throw the switch.

ATBCharles Kincaid

• Aaron N. Cutshall (3/10/2015)

It all comes down to this: use the right tool for the right job. NoSQL databases have their uses and function well in that space just as RDBMS databases do in theirs. The problem comes from trying to make one function as the other. After all, just because you can use a screwdriver as a chisel doesn't mean that you should or that it will be effective.

As I see it (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) the big difference between NoSQL and RDBMS is a matter of WHEN you apply structure to the data. NoSQL gets its power from being able to store data very quickly without much constraint but to use that data effectively requires the application that retrieves the data to know about that structure and how it's related to any other stored data. On the other hand, relational databases impose and enforce rigid structure and rules on the data BEFORE it's loaded which requires the retrieval application to know very little about that structure and its relationships.

I see lots of uses for NoSQL that should not be ignored. Its ability to quickly collect data without structural constraints can be extremely useful. For example, often times structures and relationships may not be known until data is collected and analyzed. Once known and understood, then the data could be moved to an RDBMS structure if needed. NoSQL is great at facilitating websites, handling chunks of related data together as a unit in structured documents, or as a sandbox for exploring new concepts or trying out new techniques that are inhibited by the more rigid structures of an RDBMS environment.

On the other hand, NoSQL is NOT a replacement of RDBMS. They each have their abilities, purposes and functions. Trying to make a NoSQL database function as an RDBMS database is just as bad of an idea as trying to make an RDBMS database function as a NoSQL one. It is NOT a competition as they each have their strengths and weaknesses and each tool should be used to their greatest effect. It's a very similar argument to procedural vs. set-based programming. They are both sides of the same coin. You cannot have one without the other and the sooner people recognize that and stop making it a competition, the sooner we will be able to realize the benefits of using both together with awesome results.

Spot on. Every tool has a job that it is best suited to and NoSQL is no exception here!

• I agree wholeheartedly. NoSQL stands for "Not Only SQL". It complements RDBMS platforms, not replaces them. Database engineers need to know NoSQL capabilities and weaknesses, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of SQL. People get enamored with particular technologies, but the business analysis needs to be technology agnostic. When properly done it will indicate what the "Appropriate Technology" will be for the business need.

• Hello,

I am agree with your points and As I have used both SSIS mongo DB source as well as SSIS mango db destination. i got it more relevant and Even there are lots more flexibility for this and got more helpful. Here I would like to mention some flexibility of SSIS MongoDB desctination[/url] like

1. Large amount of data can be write to Mongodb

2.Support for Bulk delete

3.Support for SQKL server 2005,2008,2012,2014 for both 32 bit and 64 bit.

To see more You can go through here [/url]

SSIS Json source[/url] : The Json file soure is used to to read data from Json file. We have mentioned source code with example.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply