limit results in table or list..(report, RDL)

• Hi,

Am afraid am a little new to reports in MSSQL..

Is it possible to limit the results in a list or table? E.g I always want 15 rows (not including the totals) to show in the table or List.. The idea is that the layout is always the same. That the total rows/ text boxes are ALWAYS at the same position no matter how many products are on the invoice.. If there number of results ? 15 then they will show on next page..

Also not relevant to this.. but how do I refference the value of another textbox on the same report.. if for example the textbox requiring the refference i.e the destination is in footer and the source is in the body.

Thanks

CC

• First, to limit the number of rows in any table or list box, the best thing to do is to set up a group on row numbers. You can do this by creating a group expression such as:

=INT(RowNumber("DataSetName")/15)

This should give you a group number that increases every 15 rows, all you need to do then is to set up a Page Break at Start or Page Break at End on the group.

On your second question, if you have a text box named TextBox23 then you can reference this anywhere else on the report using the expression:

=ReportItems!TextBox23.Value

It is normal (just for your future sanity) to name the text boxes as you develop the reports, specifically those that you wish to refer to later on, so when you have a value you wish to refer to, go to the properties of that box and give it a real name, then your expression could be something like:

=ReportItems!SalesValueLastYear.Value

So this makes more sense when you come back to the report in the future.

Good luck,

Nigel West
    UK

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply