Life is Short

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/27/2011)

Tatsu (4/27/2011)

Steve is spot on and, to add to his message, my advice is to use ALL[/] of your vacation time. I must admit that I am bad about this but my wife is really good at planning fun trips for the family so I usually have very little (if any) vacation left at the end of the year.

Excellent advice, and I am trying to get better about using my vacation. Look for a disappearing act soon. 😉

Hmmm... that is good advice... now you've got me thinking about it too. I usually take some of it but not all of it. But in the grand scheme of things, perhaps that's not the best idea.

• Steve,

I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers will be with you and David's family today. Thank you for your all your good advice. I really enjoy your editorials. You are a tremendous asset to SSC.

Jon

• Steve,

Thanks for the posting on Dave or as I and a number of old his old high school friends knew him as "Smoothy". I first met Dave in high school I believe it was in my junior year. We had four mutual friends and we'd hang out togehter on weekends cruzing Corrigan Drive in South Park (Western PA) in our old muscle cars (more junk than muscle but we were kids), that was at least when Dave wasn't working at McDonalds. I remember Dave always liked working on and with computers. When he was traveling out to California for a job opportunity he took a BIG detour down to visit my wife Elieen and I in Dallas, Tx. He cooked us a great meal - chicken cordon blue - wow what a meal I never knew Dave could cook. That's the kind of guy and friend he was always going out of his way just to spend some time with old friends.

Dave I'm sorry I didn't keep in touch over the years time and distance seems to do that to old friends - another lesson learned - I'll be calling our old buddies. Your loss hit home I'll regret never having the possibility of talking with or seeing you again old friend - at least not in this life.

I'll pray for Dave's wife and children in this difficult time. Please let them know an old friend and buddy of their father/husband is thinking of them. We'll miss you Dave.

God bless, Rick & Eileen

P.S. and the rest of the gang - Bill, Bob, Dave and Bobby

• Rick,

Thanks and I will pass along your message

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply