Licensing mode

• Hi all! is there any way to change the licensing mode in SQL Server 2000? I need to move from 'processor license' to 'per seat'.

Obviusly, i don´t want to install it again... 🙂

• Try control panel --> SQL Server 2000 Licence setup.

• The option to change the lic. mode is disabled...

• Had you changed the license mode before? I remember that you can only change it once.

• No, i never changed before. Also, i never heard about that option, are you sure that you can change it once?

• Sorry, I was wrong. Once the license mode is set, you can't change the modes but you can add seat or processor licenses from control panel --> SQL Server 2000 Licence setup.

But you still can change it by change the registry. '0' for 'per seat' and '2' for 'per processor'.

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\MSSQLLicenseInfo\MSSQL8.00

• The only thing that i need to change is this key? This is an 'official' procedure? Seems like i'm breaking some license agreement :))

• Of course you have to purchase your license. Paper work is one thing and how to change it is another thing.

Call Microsoft if you like to confirm whether it is an 'offical' procedure.

• quote:

The only thing that i need to change is this key? This is an 'official' procedure? Seems like i'm breaking some license agreement :))

It's not the ONLY thing. You need to change your agreement with Microsoft. What type of license did you buy from them?

-SQLBill

• We buyed 'per seat' licenses, but this server was installed before that buy...

Thanks four your help!

• Visit this site for more info about Licencing

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/default.mspx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply