Learning through Puzzles

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Learning through Puzzles

• Great idea Steve.
    I love the "question of the day" and similar puzzles and this is what makes me sitting in front of my PC, waiting for the next Newsletter 🙂
    Not sure how to provide such a Piece of the big puzzle, but I'd like to do so.
    Many Regards,
    George

• Having a stairway series would be great! Also a big fan of the question of the day as I am a newer member to the SQL realm, this would be ideal for applying thought processes to specific situations and build upon my knowledge base.

• The Advent of Code challenge, is that something that starts on December 1st?

This sort of thing I enjoy doing and is a great practice. So often everything we need to do is done for us. ("I need a list of clients in alphabetical order.") So its good to do practices like this. Else you forget the basics.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• "Advent of Code" is released in December with daily questions.  However, previous year questions are available and you can still do those without the pressure / friendly competition of trying to stay on the daily schedule.  I like the questions a lot, but most are not ideal for SQL.  I solved all of the 2020 questions with C#.

Another site I like a lot is projecteuler.net .  These are mathematical puzzles, also not especially SQL-friendly.

• My kid got me to work through some of the Euler puzzles. Fun, and challenging.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply