Learning New Technology Is Challenging

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Learning New Technology Is Challenging

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• My biggest complaint about user manuals is that they are usually written by engineers who already know how the device works.  As a result they skip steps that, to them are intuitive.  I found the same thing existed when I worked in manufacturing with assembly instructions.

• gregg_dn wrote:

My biggest complaint about user manuals is that they are usually written by engineers who already know how the device works.  As a result they skip steps that, to them are intuitive.  I found the same thing existed when I worked in manufacturing with assembly instructions.

Right on, Gregg.  I agree with that.  I have long made two points.  Companies should require their product developers to actually USE the products they create.  And they should force their employees to actually USE manuals developed by other employees for products they are not familiar with.  Things might get lots better before going public.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  skeleton567.

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

• Totally agree with you, Gregg.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• No arguments here.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply