.ldf deleted and now cant attach database

• I have simillar issue after install SP4 for ms sql server 2008

Starting up database 'mssqlsystemresource'.

The resource database build version is 10.00.5500. This is an informational message only. No user action is required.

One or more files do not match the primary file of the database. If you are attempting to attach a database, retry the operation with the correct files. If this is an existing database, the file may be corrupted and should be restored from a backup.

Error: 5173, Severity: 16, State: 1.

One or more files do not match the primary file of the database. If you are attempting to attach a database, retry the operation with the correct files. If this is an existing database, the file may be corrupted and should be restored from a backup.

Log file 'D:\Microsoft SQL Server INSTANCE_NAME\MSSQL10.INSTANCE_NAME\MSSQL\Binn\mssqlsystemresource.ldf' does not match the primary file. It may be from a different database or the log may have been rebuilt previously.

The log cannot be rebuilt when the primary file is read-only.

Error: 945, Severity: 14, State: 2.

Database 'mssqlsystemresource' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space. See the SQL Server errorlog for details.

SQL Trace was stopped due to server shutdown. Trace ID = '1'. This is an informational message only; no user action is required.

Resolution:

I copied both files mssqlsystemresource.mdf and mssqlsystemresource.ldf from other patched server to default location. I copied with overwriting. Then service started.

Version was correct - upgraded.

• Try rebuilding the system databases. If that fixes the system resource problem you can then restore your backups of master, model (if necessary) and msdb.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply