LDAP extraction

• Morning

We're running SQL 2016 Enterprise, and have had an AD extraction running perfectly for the last few years.

It stopped yesterday, co-incidentally  when 7.5k users were added to AD. This was the error (obv sanitized)

Msg 7330, Level 16, State 2, Line 1

Cannot fetch a row from OLE DB provider “ADsDSOObject” for linked server “MyADDataSource”.

I know in the past there was a restriction of 901 rows, but obviously ours has been extracting a lot more than that for years. When I run the extract manually, it fails when it gets past 19901. Now, call me Sherlock, but there's a bit of a co-incidence between 19901 and 901

is there a new restriction on extracts of 19901 rows? Or something we can alter in AD that allows more to come out.

In the interim I've got around it with a few unioned queries, but it's not as smooth as it was before.

many thanks

pete

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• I am having the same issue that started last week. If I order by sAMAccountName, sn or uSNCreated the query fails after retrieving 19,901 records, yet when I order by other fields like Title or ADsPath, the query fails immediately, even when specifying TOP 1 in the outer SELECT.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply