Layout problems - Charts and matrix in same report

• SSRS 2000 (I know, I know)

Hi All

I have a report where the page is in landscape. It contains two charts side by side on page 1, then a small rectangle for a page break, then on page 2 a matrix which has three column groups (fin yr, fin qtr, and mth). Fin qtr and fin mth are not visible initially, and their visibility is toggled by their respective parent groups. Fin yr is parent of fin qtr, and fin qtr is parent of mth. This makes the matrix expand horizontally.

When the matrix (on page 2) expands, the right hand chart on page 1 moves to the right as well. This is undesirable especially for people who still think printing is important. How can I anchor the chart to its starting location no matter what state of collapse the matrix is in?

Regards

GPO

...One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that ones work is terribly important.... Bertrand Russell

• My guess is you should put the two charts in one rectangle to keep them together, even when the report is expanding to the right.

This works splendidly in SSRS 2005, but I've never played around with SSRS2000 (nor have I felt the need to do so:-))

Peter Rijs
    BI Consultant, The Netherlands

• Thanks for the tip Peter. I'll give it a shot and get back to you.

...One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that ones work is terribly important.... Bertrand Russell

• Well I'll be dog-tarned. It worked. Simple, yet obscure. That's why we love Reporting Services.

A thousand virtual thank-yous are on their way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply