Layout different on Server compared to Preview Tab

• When I view the report from the Preview tab in VS, the layout is fine and aligned correctly.  If I go to the Report Server on the web, and view the report, textboxes are longer on the right, and alignment is off all over the place.

Any suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks!

• have u tried setting the length/width of the report...(the dotted ash gray background),according to ur matrix/chart's length/widht?

donno if it wud work but just a suggestion...

tell if it works out

Wajih

• Hey,

I have this problem quite often. What I do to solve it is: A: Always view the report on the report server. I deploy it and view it with a browser - almost as easy as previewing and provides instant feedback.

B: I make sure the page width is 19cm (also important for printing), and that no table/matrix/textbox is over the edge, or OVERLAPPING any other componetns. This is crucial: overlapping components (e.g, textbox on top of a chart) messes up the layout. Also, if you use subreports, make sure they are the same width as the main report. And finally, I once solved such a bug by pasting a table from another report...(don't ask my it solved it)...

Good luck! 

• Thanks eyal!

Yeah, I just keep deploying it now and check it that way.  I have noticed if there's any overlapping, the format goes crazy.

What we've done too is put as much as possible in tables.  That's helping a bit too.

Thanks!

• Syed!

Thanks for your suggestions too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply