latency scripts

• Hi,

i want to know how to generate the latency scripts for running transactional replication.

And i want to know how to run continuously the latency script

• I know this is an old post but it caught my eye as this is exactly what I'm testing.

In SQL2005 you can insert a token at any time via replication monitor and see how long that takes. This is a manual task so is good for a quick spot check.

The approach I took for continual monitoring was to add a date time stamp field to one of the tables (that is replicated frequently). I've overridden the standard sp_MSins_... stored procedure to get the current date time and subtract and record the difference in an audit table. This gives me real latency - the token doesn't tell the full story e.g. triggers etc, and means I can see when there are any slowdowns and using the datetime investigate if there are any external reasons for this. The downside of this is that you have to get your hands dirty by amending the standard sp_MSins stored procedure, but it's fairly straight forward for anyone with average SQL ability.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply