[Just For Laugh] Why only 2 Cents?

• Everyone deserves little bit fun so do we (SSC guys). I am posting a question here just as a mind refresher (absolutely non-technical). Active (& humorous) participation expected.

It’s almost 2 months I am participating in SSC. But I have couple of doubts from Day 1 which I couldn’t dare to ask. Finally I am asking today.

•Why SSC members contribute for 2 Cents ONLY? 😀

•Do they think their advice is just as valuable as 2 cents? 😛

•Considering the inflation don’t you think we should increase the contribution a bit? :hehe:

•It’s so many years SSC is helping SQL Server Professionals. What’s the total collection so far? Good Time for party with this fund? :smooooth:

• In England its 'my twopenneth' - usually meaning you've had a rant at someone and given them much more opinion than they really wanted.

'My twopennth' is given freely to anyone who'll listen (or who can't get away)

I think the two pennies worth bit is some kind of sarcastic reference to early newspapers being sold for 1d, back in the Dickensian London of children being forced to clean chimneys for a farthing a day. As in - if you paid a penny for that paper - what I'm telling you is worth (at least) tuppence.

• http://www.google.com/search?q=%22English+sayings%22+two+cents%22

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Well, it's kind of like "penny for your thoughts", but what with inflation and all ....

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• OH! I think I'm the main culprit for this thread. 🙂

I say 2c because it's both my opinion and what it's worth. During the last few years it has become my trademark and I don't think I'm abandoning it soon.

-- Gianluca Sartori

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply