Jonathan Kehayias: SQL Hero!

• Jack Corbett (11/24/2008)

rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

And for the record, I like to sit up front because at my age, I cannot see the code slides well enough otherwise... :smooooth:

I would have thought that your eyesight would be corrected within the mask;)

Yes, you would think!... doggone cheap clone labor, grrrr ...

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

And for the record, I like to sit up front because at my age, I cannot see the code slides well enough otherwise... :smooooth:

The force is strong in this one... (Sorry, couldn't resist. Can't wait for the 5 day weekend!)

• Lynn Pettis (11/24/2008)

Jack Corbett (11/24/2008)

rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

The force is strong in this one... (Sorry, couldn't resist. Can't wait for the 5 day weekend!)

YOUR NOT MY FATHER! I'll never turn to the dark side!

Lynn Pettis (11/24/2008)

rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

Too late, I think we are already there!

• Congratulations Jonathan !

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

Lynn Pettis (11/24/2008)

rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

You mean Oracle, right? 😀

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• ALZDBA (11/24/2008)

Congratulations Jonathan !

Thanks, but I don't think it will be that easy to get this post back on topic. LOL :laugh:

Jonathan Kehayias | Principal Consultant | MCM: SQL Server 2008
    My Blog | Twitter | MVP Profile
    Training | Consulting | Become a SQLskills Insider
    Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for Accidental DBAs[/url]

• rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

Lynn Pettis (11/24/2008)

rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

No DB2 on the iSeries (formerly the AS400)!

Oracle is not the dark side. I will be sitting for my OCA in January. We all do the same things, just different ways. Learning Oracle has made me appreciate the command line so much more, and there is a lot of power to a SQL DBA in the command line. Just got to change the console font to green and run it in full screen so it looks like the old terminal days. LOL 😀

rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

Lynn Pettis (11/24/2008)

rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

No DB2 on the iSeries (formerly the AS400)!

No, PostgreSQL on linux.

• Jonathan Kehayias (11/24/2008)

rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

Oracle is not the dark side. I will be sitting for my OCA in January. We all do the same things, just different ways. Learning Oracle has made me appreciate the command line so much more, and there is a lot of power to a SQL DBA in the command line. Just got to change the console font to green and run it in full screen so it looks like the old terminal days. LOL 😀

Hey! What's a SQL Hero doing on Oracle?

I'd actually enjoy having the opportunity to learn it on someone else's dime. Certainly can't hurt to have it on the resume (CV for the non-Americans out there).

Hey! What's a SQL Hero doing on Oracle?

I work in a mixed environment, and I carry a secondary role as Jr Oracle Admin, though it is not really anywhere on my job description or title. I spend 90% of my time in SQL, but for the 10% I have to do with Oracle, I had better know what I am doing, at least that is my thought. Two years under a no kidding Sr. Oracle Administrator has done me pretty good. I still prefer SQL Server any day of the week and twice on the weekends, mainly because I have to try and find the Oracle Admin when we are out of the office on weekends.

SQLBatman is a hero, I am just Jonathan Kehayias. I should really come up with a witty screenname or something for my online presence. Nah, I just like being me.....

• Jonathan Kehayias (11/24/2008)

SQLBatman is a hero, I am just Jonathan Kehayias. I should really come up with a witty screenname or something for my online presence.

Hmmmm, how about "Captain CLR"?

[/font]

Jonathan Kehayias (11/24/2008)

SQLBatman is a hero, I am just Jonathan Kehayias. I should really come up with a witty screenname or something for my online presence.

Would that be pronounced "captain CLeaR" ?:w00t:

obligatorey defibrillator held nearby 😉

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• ALZDBA (11/25/2008)

rbarryyoung (11/24/2008)

Jonathan Kehayias (11/24/2008)

Would that be pronounced "captain CLeaR" ?:w00t:

obligatorey defibrillator held nearby 😉

I like that one. Should we just start using it?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply