Jobs that miss their Schedules.

• Hi Guys,

Imagine you have a server that has different jobs running all day, and during a patching window or other reason that causes a a restart of either the Service or the Server (that takes about 3-5 minutes, or more) and a couple of jobs aren't executed because the server was off or unavailable at the scheduled time for the job.

Let's say its harmless for these jobs to run now the server is back.

How do you handle that?

I am thinking a job that run every 15 minutes that pulls any missed jobs. I am struggling with that query though, that is "jobs that should have run by now on a schedule but haven't - excluding those that are already running"

Can anyone help with that?

Cheers
    Alex

• Jobs which are running during the server/service restart will be cancelled and won't start automatically.Hope below link helps :
    https://www.codeproject.com/Tips/797252/Restart-a-SQL-server-scheduled-job-if-hanged

• Cheers, though that isn't really what I am after. Its those jobs who's schedules were missed (not failed, or aborted) just those that would have started if the server or agent was running. But it wasn't so they didn't.

• This article may be of assistance, it may not show missed jobs but will show cancelled jobs and any 'holes' in the report may be obviously apparent with a little adapting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply