JobName Not found error

• I think I may have exhausted all the tests I can muster locally or with you. I am not having trouble with a Linked Server setup the same way as you. I suppose it's possible that you are having problems because you are using a Linked Server that was initially setup by the Replication subsystem.

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'TK5BITOOLSVM01', @optname=N'dist', @optvalue=N'true'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'TK5BITOOLSVM01', @optname=N'pub', @optvalue=N'true'

GO

EXEC master.dbo.sp_serveroption @server=N'TK5BITOOLSVM01', @optname=N'rpc', @optvalue=N'true'

GO

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Hi all.

Appreciate your support here.

This is resoled now. I created a new linked server for the same server now with alias.

now I kicked off the job remotely and it worked like a charm.

Its all good now...

• After going through these same hoops, I simply created a stored procedure on the report server called usp_StartJobFromRemoteServer

This takes a job name or id as a parameter, and calls sp_start_job.

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Mac1986 (12/28/2012)

Hi all.

Appreciate your support here.

This is resoled now. I created a new linked server for the same server now with alias.

now I kicked off the job remotely and it worked like a charm.

Its all good now...

Good to know. I am happy you finally got it sorted! Thanks for posting back a solution that woked for you.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply