Job Step Type problem

• When trying to select the job step type in EM on SQL2000, the only option available in the drop down is Transact-SQL, none of the others are present, it has however possible to create a job step of any type when using script.

Anyone got any ideas on how I might get the usual list back in the drop down.

• Whoa! That is wierd. I have just come on here to post THE SAME thing!

I don't know when it happened - but by Saturday Lunchtime GMT I could only select TSQL job type. The existing jobs work fine though.

When trying to run a scripted job in, it gave me an error "Could not find stored procedure B".

However, running it from a connection from a different machine created the job with the warning that the step that contained the nontsql command did not exist. But it kind of did - if I look at the job throught hte editor its there - but I can;t save it as I can't select the right step type!

• I have no idea what the problem was. However, we had the opportunity to restart the server as a part of todays release process. The restart seems to have resolved the issue for now.

I would appreciate anyone who knows what this may have been giving us some feedback.

• Thanks for sharing your experience, I tried just restarting SQLAgent, and this seems to have had the same effect.

• That could have been an easier solution 😀

Still its nice to get a restart in every so often :hehe:

• Do you guys work at the same place 🙂

• haha - no... I wonder if there's something catching going about tho...?

• Wonder if has anything to do with the change in Daylight Savings Time this past weekend....y'know, the time used to change last week, but is now the 4th.

Maybe you're both running a version that has a bit of a bug in the OS DST patch.

WAG

• could be, but how?

Also why would I get a different result running the query to create a job in QA connected from one server, and running it in QA on the host server (same result as on a 3rd server qa connected to the odd server). Perhaps the issue is related to the domain or vpn - the 2 that kind of worked are on the same network, but the one that 'could not find sp B' goes over a secure vpn.

Odd.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply