Job failed

• Hi,

when running a job scheduled to run every 15 minutes i am getting this error but the running time is average of 15 seconds, the query is about updating the records from one database to another database as a base input.

I hope there is not issue with the query so is it a SQL server issue and any suggestion on this.

"The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 16 (DailyJob). The last step to run was step 1 (Data Insert & update).,00:02:00,0,0,Durai Nagarajan,,,0

03/12/2010 04:15:02,Attendance_Input,Error,1,CLSSQLPUNE01,Attendance_Input,Data Insert & update,,Executed as user: AHMSIINDIA\DBAdmin. Unspecified error occurred on SQL Server. Connection may have been terminated by the server. [SQLSTATE HY000] (Error 0). The step failed.,00:01:52,0,0,,,,0"

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

• We need more information about what didn't work. Is this what was in the job log? If so, can you run the job step manually?

• Hi steve,

i copied the exact statemetns from log and even if i try to run on server load time it is displaying the same error.

Server load doesnt mean that 50% - 70 % CPU usage of database server.

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

• Hi,

Any one Kindly help me with this issue, if more details needed inform me

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

• You should start a server side profile trace prior to running the job. This will provide more information (ie: blocking, deadlocks). Currently, your post is too vague.

Some questions which come to mind.

Are other jobs running at the time?

Is this an SSIS package?

Are you on a SAN, or using DAS.

What is the server configuration?

Anything in the event log?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply