Jeff Moden elected Exceptional DBA of 2011

• Jeff - Congratulations! Truly a well deserved award. I can easily say that your articles / posts have had a significant impact on my skills as a DBA, which is, of course, why you do what you do. Thank you!

David

@SQLTentmaker

β€œHe is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• Congratulations, Jeff. I have read some of your work and we've even conversed over development standards. I've tried to employ everything I have learned from you and have become an anti-REBAR evangelist.

A well deserved honor. Please keep up what you are doing. The entire SQL community benefits from your attitude, knowledge and dedication.

Cheers!

------------
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -- Hunter S. Thompson

• I sure do appreciate all the great feedback you good folks have given. It's been my pleasure to serve.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Congratulations Jeff !!!

• Congratulations on a very well-deserved recognition!

Julie

• Congratulation Jeff. Thanks for your articles as well.

• The award ceremony in Seattle has come and gone. It was absolutely awesome especially since I got to put a check-mark next to some folks' names on my "bucket list" thanks to them being at the SQLServerCentral PASS Party where the award was given.

Thank all of you again for the great honor you've given me.

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Jeff for a guy who is 2 days older than dirt, from a guy who is 3 days older than dirt

Thanks for all you have done to teach myself and countless others.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Congrats again, Jeff, and a nice ceremony for you and a nice speech from you. The award was well deserved.

• bitbucket-25253 (10/17/2011)

Jeff for a guy who is 2 days older than dirt, from a guy who is 3 days older than dirt

Thanks Ron. I met all 3 of the folks that hold the award from previous years and they're all great folks. The first one, Dan McClain, is a day older than dirt so, no pun intended, we've got things pretty well covered age-wise. πŸ˜€

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/18/2011)

Congrats again, Jeff, and a nice ceremony for you and a nice speech from you. The award was well deserved.

You and Red Gate sure do know how to throw a party, Steve. Thanks for everything you've done over the years as well.

I did manage to get the piece of reebar Rodney presented me with home. That was way too funny to leave in Seattle.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Jeff Moden (10/18/2011)

bitbucket-25253 (10/17/2011)

Jeff for a guy who is 2 days older than dirt, from a guy who is 3 days older than dirt

Thanks Ron. I met all 3 of the folks that hold the award from previous years and they're all great folks. The first one, Dan McClain, is a day older than dirt so, no pun intended, we've got things pretty well covered age-wise. πŸ˜€

You need someone as young as me to put you all in your place. πŸ˜€

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (10/18/2011)

Jeff Moden (10/18/2011)

bitbucket-25253 (10/17/2011)

You need someone as young as me to put you all in your place. πŸ˜€

Now, now mind your manners in the presence of your elders ... (Just kidding)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply