Iterating over n tables

• I'm trying to make a dynamic data transfer with Integration Services.

I am looping over n tables and trying to populate n tables. I have a list of all the tables I have to copy the data to. These source table have the same structure as the destination tables. Each table from the list has different structure from the previous or next.

So I load all the list into a recordsed and then I try looping over them. But the problem is that after the first one I get an error of not finding a column in the datasource, I think this is because the metadata changes on every loop. Is there a way of doing this without using an external program??? 🙁

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!

• Hey,

I am assuming you come from a DTS background where you could dynamically set the source, destination and transformation pipes.

Bad news is, this aint possible in SSIS. You will have to specify a connection manager for each and every transfer, as well as the actual dataflow.

And yes, it is everything to do with the metadata

~PD

• Any ideas on how I could get this task accomplished????

• As stated before, its not possible to set the source, destination and transformation dynamically.

Closest you will get to that is to dynamically specify the connection, but little else.

Sorry man

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply