IT Staffer Fired

• Ralph Hightower wrote:

What if it had been the director that opened the document?

Well, their (the Director's) secretary is still working for the company; so seems they are at least immune...

I know it's common in every business, but I really dislike how certain employees are "above" the rules and regulations of the company, or "immune" to repercussions because of their position or because they are friends with someone in one of those positions. Especially when those employees continue to make the mistakes like having their credentials compromised and there's little "IT" can do to resolve the issue apart from remove the ability for the member of staff to do their job (or fork out a lot of money for multi factor authentication, which the budget isn't get signed off for, even though it's those that need to sign it off that are often the reason we need it...).

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• A lesson from The Phoenix Project. No one should be above others. You might know more, but you don't get to break rules.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

No one should be above others. You might know more, but you don't get to break rules.

Today has certainly had a segment of "I'm higher in the company, I can break the rules (ask to break the law) if I like". I feel like this topic has basically predicted the future. >_<

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply