Issues/fixes I would like to see

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor

SSC Guru

Yeah, it's time. We've debated about the thread name taking you there, but that's not what many people want. Plenty see something and want to read through the thread. The "In" is for the forum, so you know where the question was posted. The time is really the only place in the UI to do this

• below86

SSChampion

I see that now, just wasn't something I thought to do.  I think that was just an information piece on the old site.  And it doesn't stand out as 'hey click on me for the latest'.  Trying to adapt. 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us

SSC Guru

It's not great UI. I agree and am not sure what to click here. It's mostly for advanced users, as beginners read the whole thread. They're not in and out. Notifications get people to the post, so I'm torn here on what's best.

• Thom A

SSC Guru

Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

Yeah, it's time. We've debated about the thread name taking you there, but that's not what many people want. Plenty see something and want to read through the thread. The "In" is for the forum, so you know where the question was posted. The time is really the only place in the UI to do this

Personally I think time is the one that makes sense here. The username should really link to the user's profile page (that makes sense), and the forum name to the forum. That only leaves the time and the name of the topic; and it doesn't make sense for the topic to link to the latest reply.

Some forums I've used have a little icon after the time instead (one I frequent often uses this image lastpost-right) but the time makes more sense that any of the other options.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.

SSC Guru

Once we settle more, I'll look at icons or other designs. I like the idea of just adding verbiage below the title (first post, last post)

• below86

SSChampion

I like the idea of a 'First Post' and a 'Last Post' button/icon.  Show the date after the 'Last Post'.

For me I don't need to know what it is 'IN'.

I miss the little preview window that would come up when you hovered over the topic title, I think it showed a little more than what's under the title now.  Just a cleaner look, IMHO.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply