Issue with network permissions to Sql Service AD Account

• When I run the following:

exec master.dbo.xp_fileexist @filePath

I always get 0,0,0. The @filePath is the full UNC, that I can get to from my test machine (that is also running the SQL Instance). The SQL Service account (which is an AD account) has full access to the share. The account I am running the script under also has access to the share. I have also tested this as a scheduled job (the Sql Agent runs under the same accoung as Sql Server) and it still returns 0,0,0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have googled the mess out of this, but I don't think I can put my finger on what to actaully search for.

SQL Version: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP1) - 10.50.2769.0 (X64) Jun 24 2011 13:09:43 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 <X64> (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

• Have you checked the NTFS permissions (not just the share permissions) for the folder you want to check?

Mark

• I have validated that the account has effective permissions of full control on the folder. If that is what you mean. To test this I have setup a share on my local computer and granted the account admin access to my computer while I run the tests. The account also has access to the share. I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know this is something that is hard to troubleshoot via a forum.

• I think the issue with my local computer's security. I was able to successfully test this with an XP machine, but not on my W7 machine. Don't want to spend much more time on this, so I am going to go ahead with the results I found from my XP test.

Which all I needed to do was grant read access to the share for the SQL Service account.

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply