Issue going DTC-less

• Hi there,

I'm facing a strange issue modifying a package to use DTC-less containers. We're running SSIS 2008 but our packages used to run with DTC transactions. However we have found that th msdtc.exe process was growing because of it so we've decided to try and use explicit SQL transactions (and RetainSameConnection is set to TRUE in our connection managers).

I have a converted a package that does a Start TRAN, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow, Commit TRAN. It works perfectly but when I add a new OLE DB Command in my data flow task, I get an error at run time: "Connection is busy with results for another command" during the pre-execution phase of my data flow. When I try other providers for OLEDB I get other random errors. It seems that during the pre-execute phase, it's trying to do stuff and does not free it up properly when it's time to run other things, which prevents the execution phase's start.

The thing is that it's only doing that on a new OLE DB Command in my data flow, everything else works A-OK other than that.

Has anybody had any issues with this kind of scenario before? We're a bit puzzled by this to be honest...

Thanks,

Greg

• Hi there,

Ok so I've dug up the XML code in the dtsx and here';s what I've found. The issue is that the new OLE DB Command ends up at the end up of the code, so it's executed after everything else. If I manually move the command's XML code above other stuff, then it runs fine.

This is clearly an issue for me but that's somewhat of a workaround (I guess...).

Greg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply