is this possible

• Hi guys, well this might be a bit basic, but gonna take the plunge...

I need to implant a database; the database will hold property info number of beds and owner details etc....

I want to be able to upload new details and pictures via my website

When someone does a search the info and pictures r displayed via a listing and they click it to view the details is this possible and where to start i have 100 meg of sql web space set up i have bilt the web myself so wonder if i can sort this out....

• It is possible and try MaximumASP.com

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• thanks for the site info, but i was hoping for more knowledge about building the database and the 1st steps

i have all my hosting taken care off

• You'd have to proivde more info on what you want. As far as building a database, we can help with specific questions, but not with a general "how to build a db" here. There are some articles on doing specific things. I may write one, but it won't be quick.

If you have the website built, then what kind of db setup help do you need?

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• ok so where can i learn how to build this database. i am using Access 2002xp and sql 7.0

• What do you mean? Using Access and SQL 7 are completely different. If you have hosting, have they setup a db or do you do it?

If you have Access setup, then you can use the Upsize wizard to move it to SQL. If you are building from scratch, then if you provide a sample table, we can show you how to write a script to build it in SQL.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply