Is there no Dev edition for 2008??

• I've looked high and low on Microsoft's site, and I can't seem to find it. Is there not going to be a Dev edition for 2008?

Please - just tell me I'm having a low-caffeine day and I missed something obvious.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• bring on the caffeine.

We have a volume licensed Dev Edtn.

Also keep in mind, if you don't supply a key, it will install a Ent edtn for 140 days.

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• Generally SQL 2008 Dev. edition available to download for MSDN / Tech Net subscribers.

Dev. Edition cost is $50. See the link: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/pricing.aspx

• Matt Miller (11/6/2008)

Is there not going to be a Dev edition for 2008?

It exists. I'm running 2 installations of it. Though I got mine from MSDN and I don't know where you would buy it separately. Checked Amazon?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Got it - they somehow changed how they display it online @ MS (You used to be able to purchase it directly from them, but no more).

The link Kishore mentioned is about the only thing on MS.com that even talks about it (search doesn't find it, it's not listed under editions, etc....)

But still - good to know.

thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply