Is there a way to just import the data from a spreadsheet file into Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express

• Hi,

I have a visual studio 2005 web app that is located on a asp.net hosting provider and inorder for me to upload new data, I currently create a ticket to have the hosting provider create a backup of the db for me to download to my development system which has SQL Server 2000, so I can import the data into a new table from the excel spreadsheet depending on how much data is going to populate the new table.

2) Sometimes I create the table and copy the data from the excel spreadsheet and paste it into the new table I created or if I have to replace the existing data I run a query to delete the data based on specifc record IDs and paste the new data in the table.

I know I am killing my self, but I don't know a bettery way at this time. I have been looking around the net looking maybe for another way, but no luck yet. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

• Have you looked at the Database Publishing wizard?

[font="Courier New"]Sankar Reddy | http://SankarReddy.com/[/url][/font]

• Use the DTSWizard to import data from an excel spreadsheet. The target DB and table will have to be specified as well as the source file.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply