Is it possible to use ADO.NET in SSIS?

• Is there a way to use an ADO.NET grid to hold data inside an SSIS package? I'd like to load a grid with Unique IDs from a SQL Server table then loop through the grid and update each record with values from the cooresponding record in the Oracle database. Is this possible?

• Have you looked into using the Script task? I have used it to loop through records. May not be the most efficient, but you have great control there.

Marvin

Marvin Dillard
    Senior Consultant
    Claraview Inc

• I would recommend using the Data Reader Source and then create an Oracle connection using the Native OLE DB\Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle through the Connection Manager at the bottom of the Visual Studio IDE. A Data Reader is in essense a .Net dataset that you can use to grab and map a set of data to a destination object.

This is the preferred method of transporting data from Oracle to another database through SSIS. Script Tasks are good but are not optimized for performance like the Data Reader is. If you need to change the data in transport, I would suggest using a Data Transformation object after the Data Reader Source and link the Transformation to a Data Reader Destination.

I hope this helps.

• is there anyone who knows how to modify sqlcommand at runtime ? as there;s no 'expression' or 'sqlcommand from variable' ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply