Is it possible to query an MSSQL database and an ODBC connection in 1 transaction.

• i have need of querying an MSSQL table and an ODBC table. Client has a hybrid of their data in MSSQL and ODBC and i am attempting to come up with a way (any) to use both connections in one query.

• roy.tollison - Monday, January 23, 2017 11:07 AM

i have need of querying an MSSQL table and an ODBC table. Client has a hybrid of their data in MSSQL and ODBC and i am attempting to come up with a way (any) to use both connections in one query.

Yes, If you create the ODBC DSN on the SQL Server and create a linked server and configure it RPC True, RPC Out True and Enable Promotion to Distributed Transaction True.

• Joe Torre - Monday, January 23, 2017 11:46 AM

roy.tollison - Monday, January 23, 2017 11:07 AM

i have need of querying an MSSQL table and an ODBC table. Client has a hybrid of their data in MSSQL and ODBC and i am attempting to come up with a way (any) to use both connections in one query.

Yes, If you create the ODBC DSN on the SQL Server and create a linked server and configure it RPC True, RPC Out True and Enable Promotion to Distributed Transaction True.

Does this mean i will have to use openquery instead of direct query?

• roy.tollison - Monday, January 23, 2017 11:52 AM

Joe Torre - Monday, January 23, 2017 11:46 AM

No

• Joe Torre - Monday, January 23, 2017 12:06 PM

roy.tollison - Monday, January 23, 2017 11:52 AM

Joe Torre - Monday, January 23, 2017 11:46 AM

No

thanks got it working triple dot instead of double dot

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply