IP Address Doesnt turn from offline to online

• If the resource is not on line and it responds to a ping, then it is likely being used by something else.

Run nslookup and tracert for the IP. It may give you something useful.

• rajborntodare (6/17/2013)

one among them does respond to the ping. but when i tried to bring it online it fails.

If you can ping the IP-address without the corresponding cluster resource being online, this indicates the IP-address is allready in use by another device. Try the following commands (from the commandprompt) to retrieve the name of the device currently using the IP-address:

ping -a {ip-address}

nslookup {ip-address}

When the IP-address is currently in use (you can ping it) it will NOT be possible to bring the IP-cluster resource online. Only when the IP-address fails to be pinged you can bring the cluster resource online.

Shut down the device currently using the IP-address and then you can bring the cluster resource online.

** Don't mistake the ‘stupidity of the crowd’ for the ‘wisdom of the group’! **
  • Guys,

It gave me some information..

The IP which pings gave the device name on which it got assigned is the same application,

BUT showing offline

• HanShi (6/17/2013)

rajborntodare (6/17/2013)

nslookup {ip-address}

on using this command, among 4 3 show non-exixtent domain

only one show the application name as i said in earlier post

:hehe: rookie here

• With the clustered ip resource offline try an RDP connection to the IP address 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• i smell something, which i havent understood full yet.

But Pro's and Bro's.... you guys gave me a great idea to go a little further...

I will test in that way and will update you guys....

The 2 IP addresses assigned to an application in the cluster,

In which one remain offline, but pings as i said earlier...

is assigned to Adobe PDF...

Give me a little idea how to disconnect it from this...

what can be the adverse effects i face if i disconnect...

• Hi Guys,

I reported it to my manager..

Need to wait and see what happens,

I found one of the ip address which i said earlier get pings is assigned to different application..

Anyway thank you guys...

Every one posted i am thankful to you....:hehe:

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply