Invoke-BpaModel "SQL2012BPA"

• So the "Situation":

The export report formatted (XML) from the Baseline Analyzer for SQL is unusable into a report, and must be viewed in the Baseline Analyzer, so trying to get the BPA results via PowerShell into a csv/txt of some sort.

So far, i can get the model easily with Get-Model "SQL2012BPA" with results:

Id : SQL2012BPA

Company : Microsoft

Name : SQL Server 2012 BPA

Version : 1.0

LastScanTime : 2016/09/29 10:33:44 AM

LastScanTimeUtcOffset : 02:00:00

SubModels : {AnalysisServices, Engine, IntegrationServices, Replication, ReportingServices, Setup}

Parameters : {Alternate_Server_to_Scan, SQL_Server_Instance_Name, Analyze_SQL_Server_Engine, Analyze_SQL_Server_Replication, Analyze_SQL_Server_Setup, Analyze_SQL_Analysis_Services, Analyze_SQL_Integration_Services,

Analyze_SQL_Reporting_Services}

ModelType : Undefined

SupportedConfiguration :

And to Invoke it:

Invoke-BpaModel "SQL2012BPA" -SubModelId {Engine} -ComputerName {localhost}

How do you actually specify an Instance name after -Computername? Passing it as "-Parameter {instancename}" results in unrecognized option error.

Default instances makes contact, but complains no access, although I am sysadmin, SYSTEM is sysadmin, everyone is sysadmin...:ermm:

Pulling hair here....not much available on www specific to the SQL2012BPA model.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Henrico Bekker (9/29/2016)

So the "Situation":

The export report formatted (XML) from the Baseline Analyzer for SQL is unusable into a report, and must be viewed in the Baseline Analyzer, so trying to get the BPA results via PowerShell into a csv/txt of some sort.

So far, i can get the model easily with Get-Model "SQL2012BPA" with results:

Id : SQL2012BPA

Company : Microsoft

Name : SQL Server 2012 BPA

Version : 1.0

LastScanTime : 2016/09/29 10:33:44 AM

LastScanTimeUtcOffset : 02:00:00

SubModels : {AnalysisServices, Engine, IntegrationServices, Replication, ReportingServices, Setup}

Parameters : {Alternate_Server_to_Scan, SQL_Server_Instance_Name, Analyze_SQL_Server_Engine, Analyze_SQL_Server_Replication, Analyze_SQL_Server_Setup, Analyze_SQL_Analysis_Services, Analyze_SQL_Integration_Services,

Analyze_SQL_Reporting_Services}

ModelType : Undefined

SupportedConfiguration :

And to Invoke it:

Invoke-BpaModel "SQL2012BPA" -SubModelId {Engine} -ComputerName {localhost}

How do you actually specify an Instance name after -Computername? Passing it as "-Parameter {instancename}" results in unrecognized option error.

Default instances makes contact, but complains no access, although I am sysadmin, SYSTEM is sysadmin, everyone is sysadmin...:ermm:

Pulling hair here....not much available on www specific to the SQL2012BPA model.

Have you tried: -ComputerName [ServerName/InstanceName]

• Thank you for the suggestion, although I've tried all variants, including yours, and it appears that it doesn't accept anything beyond a standalone name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply