Invalid Number of Result Bindings???

• I was very close to completing Part 4 of the Stairway to Integration Services series and when I ran my package, I got this error:

[Execute SQL Task] Error: There is an invalid number of result bindings returned for the Result/SetType: "Result/SetType_Rowset".

Task Apply Staged Updates failed.

So, I know that it has to do with the Execute SQL task called Apply Staged Updates that you are told to add right at the end. It is supposed to take the results that you saved in a "staged table" and apply them to the real destination table (dbo.Contacts).

Does any know what this error is? I followed the directions to a tee.

• Jerid421 (11/16/2016)

I was very close to completing Part 4 of the Stairway to Integration Services series and when I ran my package, I got this error:

[Execute SQL Task] Error: There is an invalid number of result bindings returned for the Result/SetType: "Result/SetType_Rowset".

Task Apply Staged Updates failed.

So, I know that it has to do with the Execute SQL task called Apply Staged Updates that you are told to add right at the end. It is supposed to take the results that you saved in a "staged table" and apply them to the real destination table (dbo.Contacts).

Does any know what this error is? I followed the directions to a tee.

What is the value of the ResultSetType property of the ExecSQL task?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• There is no Result_Set_Type property, but I imagine that it is referring to the Result Set value

Looks like it's: Full Result Set.

• Jerid421 (11/17/2016)

There is no Result_Set_Type property, but I imagine that it is referring to the Result Set value

Looks like it's: Full Result Set.

Try changing this to None.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Uh... wow, that was easy. It ran without error. I'm a relative newbie. Can you tell me why there was an error. Was it because that setting made the Execute SQL Task expect some result set to be returned but I had no Result Set Name added in the Result Set tab?

• Jerid421 (11/17/2016)

Uh... wow, that was easy. It ran without error. I'm a relative newbie. Can you tell me why there was an error. Was it because that setting made the Execute SQL Task expect some result set to be returned but I had no Result Set Name added in the Result Set tab?

The ExecuteSQL task can run in one of three modes:

1) No results

2) Single row

3) Full result set

If the query which the task runs does not produce any results (because there is no SELECT statement in it) and either (2) or (3) is selected, there is a mismatch and that's what causes the error.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply