Internal 500 error after installing RS Add-in on multiple WFE Sharepoint environment

• I'm trying to install SSRS SQL Server 2012 SP1 with SharePoint integrated mode on a SharePoint 2013farm with 4 WFE and a dedicated app server. I have cloned our production system and have been able to make everything run twice but after multiple installs. I have tried to note down the errors and after checking them off my (mostly permissions, one content DB was read-only), I am able to run the installers (Reporting Services - SharePoint on the app server and Reporting Services Add-in on the web frontends) without errors.

Unfortunately, although there are no errors on the logs and even if I can access Central Administration on the app server and configure the Reporting Services service, the RS Add-in messes up the web.config file of our web application and I get an internal 500 error on the client browser. When logging IIS, the error is 500.19 which looks to be an invalid web.config file. So to test this, I try replacing the web.config file before the install (with no references to Reporting Services) and the site loads. Uninstalling the RS Add-in also fixes the site but even after trying to reinstall it (either with the SQL Server 2012 SP1 installer media or the rsSharepoint.msi file), the site won't work again.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

• Fixed the problem by comparing 1500+ lines of before and after web.config file and found out one line below existed on the old web.config file and the installation program adds a duplicate line. Removed the extra line and everything is working now.

<add name="reportViewerWebPart" verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebPart.axd" type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.WebParts.WebPartHttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.WebParts, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeytoken=89845dcd8080cc91" />

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply