Intermittent error:The file name specified in the connection was not valid

• I am sometimes getting the below error message, other times the job runs successfully. The package is scheduled as a SQL Server Agent job. Any suggestions on what would cause this job to occasionaly fail?

Executed as user: MYDOAMIN\MYSA. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 7:15:00 AM Error: 2009-07-26 07:15:00.88 Code: 0xC001401E Source: My_Export Connection manager "DestinationConnectionFlatFile" Description: The file name "\\MYSERVER\MYFoldert\MyFile.txt" specified in the connection was not valid. End Error Error: 2009-07-26 07:15:00.88 Code: 0xC001401D Source: My_Export Description: Connection "DestinationConnectionFlatFile" failed validation. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 7:15:00 AM Finished: 7:15:00 AM Elapsed: 0.359 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

• my first thought is that the file does not exist when the package begins execution and fails on the validation step. there is a delay validation setting on the flat file connection manager that can be set to true and will not perform validation until it's ready to run that step. This is useful when a previous part of the package is responsible for creating the file.

• Your first thought is a good one. I ftp and delete the file 5 days a week but my file creation package runs every day and sure enough it failed on the two days the file already existed. A scheduling change will fix this. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply