Interactive Sort in MAtrix

• First off, I'm using SSRS 2005 SP3. Secondly I know how to add interactive sorting for most things but I keep running into a wall with this one situation...

I have a Matrix that groups orders by region, please excuse the ASCII ARt...

| TotalOrders

----------------------------------

Region | count(orderNum)

The users was to be able to sort both by region alphabetically and by totalOrders ASC and Desc.

The region is no problem and already done, I just can't seem to get the totalorders sorting taken care of.

In the interactive sorting tab for the TotalORders textbox I've tried the following...

sort expression =Count(Fields!OrderNum) and every variation og the grouping/scoping options I can think of and still can't get this to sort the way I want.

Anyone have any experience sorting aggregates in matrices?

Thanks in advance.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Finally found my own answer...

According to this MSDN Forum, it's not available in SSRS 2005.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/861a8996-4880-4c07-8d91-465ca266020f/

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• I run into the same problem. That's not the answer I was hoping for...

• Luckily for me it was a simple total that I Was doing in the matrix with the details in a table below it. I just wanted to use the same dataset for both. I rewrote the matrix as a table, did all of the cross tabs in the query and am now able to sort it. I suppose the other answer is upgrade to 2008?

-Luke.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply